JOB TITLE: LIBRARY DIRECTOR I – Part Time
Newfane Public Library seeks a part time Library Director. An incumbent in this position will work with the current Library Manager and strong tenured staff of the library. This position will be responsible for all reporting and must have experience and knowledge to help secure specific guidelines transitioning the library from a provisional to a permanent NY State Public Library Charter. The position works under the general supervision of the Library Board of Trustees. Part time flexible hours are available and could include other related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Prepares state, local, and other statistical or narrative reports as needed or required.
2. Develop a course of action with benchmarks to transition from a Provisional Public Library Charter to a Permanent Public Library Charter.
3. Works with staff and Programs Committee to implement library programs for patrons of all ages.
4. Assists with the library budget and may do grant administration.
5. Assists with long range plans for library service development, evaluating the effectiveness of the library’s services and programs in relation to the changing needs of the community.
6. Works with the Library Manager and staff to recommend new services, policies, and personnel actions to the Board of Trustees for approval.
7. Consults with Library System staff in developing, providing, and promoting library services.
8. Performs on-line database paperwork requirements.
9. Represents the library before governmental agencies and community groups in seeking financial resources for the library.
10. Keeps informed of professional developments through participation in professional organizations, system meetings, workshops, continuing education courses and reading professional materials.
A Master’s degree in Librarianship from a library school that is accredited by the American Library Association or recognized by the New York State Education Department as following acceptable education practices and two (2) years of satisfactory professional library experience
1. Eligibility for a New York State Public Librarian’s professional certificate at the time of application;
2. Possession of certificate at time of appointment.
Please submit resume to email@example.com